YouTube

Tuesday 6 February 2018

A Sea-horse Valentine!!!

Hello Friends,
With the start of February the blog land is buzzing with Valentine themes, so ,not be left behind I too came up with Valentine card. (There are few more to come in few days )

Well this one is not with the conventional red/pink colors, hearts or color scheme associated with Valentine's day. This one is with sea horses! I have always found them mystical and beautiful and somehow I wanted to make Valentine card using it. And one more reason that somewhere in my mind I was associating Valentine day with them was , I love the fact that male sea horses carry the eggs and not the female ones! That I find it so sweet and adorable to do for your partner. Just wondering if possible for humans also:)

Ok...enough of me turning philosophical, here is the card.....


The sea horse stamp is from my kids stamp set (He generously let's me use his whenever I need it :)) and the heart shaped sentiment and tiny heart bubbles are from SSS Heartfelt Notes. The waves were created by cutting vellum and then coloring and lining with silver stickle. Sea weeds and other details are hand drawn. I added in few details to the heart bubbles and sea horses using while gel pen.
I added a burlap border from Itsy Bitsy to finish off the card.

There were many firsts for me with this card. I used the mirror stamping technique for the sea horse and I think this would me my most layered card till date. Usually I stick to minimum layers.

So that's it from me today. I love to read your comments, please do leave some love.

Have a great week ahead!!!


I am playing along following challenges.

STAMPlorations February Challenge -Paint it red

Going not with read but the theme




Cupcake Inspiration Challenge















Just Us Girls # 426



Paru's Card Making Challenges - February 2018



Uniko Studio Challenge # 45

The vellum has been in my stash for very long and I tried new technique of mirror stamping here




Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge #319

10 comments:

  1. Wow...beautiful card...love the way you have created the waves and awesome coloring...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed your bit of seahorse trivia...the more you know! Terrific card! The waves are so clever and your mirror stamping turned out perfect. I'm so glad you shared this with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week! Wendy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card, adorable seahorses and great design - I love your super waves and burlap border.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. BRILLIANT card and love how you did the waves.. [aNNie]
     ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute, cute card. I am a big fan of sea horses.
    Thanks for visiting me - it made my day.

    Happy crafting,

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Kavita - and I too love seahorses. Sea dragons are also very beautiful - they just glide around wafting their leafy tendrils - very much like sea horses (same family) but wearing lacy clothes :)

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous and original card for St Valentine's day ! These two (kindly lended) seahorse are so cute ! And your waves are super fab ! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so beautiful and a meaningful it is. Mirror stamping is perfect! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations.Hugs, Ishani.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet and meaningful card!! Thanks so much for playing Paru’s Card Making challenges

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sea horses looks so fun, colored beautifully, thanks for joining Uniko

    ReplyDelete